EXT Superlight V2 MTB Spring
– New improved material (proprietary super light design)
– Extreme Linear Ratio
- Hard Epoxy Coating
– Internal Diameter: Ø38.5 mm
– Up to 30% weight reduction compared with other “normal” steel springs and the previous Ext Superlight springs (see images for weight chart)
– Developed in our automotive racing programs
– First dedicated to fine tuning with 25lbs increments
– Adaptable for all type of dampers in the market
– Long life duration: over 500.000 cycles
– 100% crack detection proof
– Higher % of vanadium that results in a very high dynamic possible stress
– Springs over 600lbs must be fitted with the reinforced abutments where supplied.
The new Superlight V2 Springs are developed using exotic materials mainly used in motorsports applications.
This material features a very high tensile strength and modulus that coupled with a very dedicate design and specific production processes allows the new generation of Superlight springs to weigh up to 30% less compared to the previous Superlight and other “normal” steel springs (weigh reduction percentage depends on spring stiffness and travel values).
New features are:
-100% crack detection proof
-The feature of higher % of vanadium results in a very high dynamic possible stress
-Long life span (automotive standards of over 500.000 cycles)
-reduction of weight compared to the same spring made from “normal” spring
steel (up to 30% of reduction, depending on spring characteristics)
EXT Superlight V2 Springs are carefully calculated to the minimum length for the stroke required, this means that your spring will totally cover the shock stroke, but will also have a lighter weight.
EXT Springs are developed for a long time use, thanks to improved mechanical characteristics and its material directly derived from motorsport.
Please note for use on other brands you will need a spring spacer kit due to the inner diameter of the spring, they can be found in the table below
|Shock Brand / ID||Spacers Required|
|EXT / 38mm||No Spacer Required|
|MRP / 38mm||No Spacer Required|
|Rockshox / 38mm||No Spacer Required|
|Ohlins / 36mm||✔ - 38mm-36mm|
|Cane Creek / 36mm||✔ - 38mm-36mm|
|Fox/2019+ Marzocchi / 35mm||✔ - 38mm-35mm|
|BOS / 36mm||✔ - 38mm-36mm|
For other brands please measure the OD of the spring seating surface, if in doubt please contact us HERE
Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate
Using J-TECH Suspension Spring Adaptors these springs can be fitted to 36mm OD Shocks.
Ohlins TTX 22
Cane Creek Kitsuma
Cane Creek IL Coil
Using J-TECH Suspension Spring Adaptors these springs can be fitted to 35mm OD Shocks.