Includes WPS Podium Piston kit worth £139.99!!
But why?!! Well, we got hold of one of the first of these shocks available in the UK a few months back and went about creating some custom tunes, so we can get you dialled in for best performance, as we do on all our other shocks we sell. But, we hit a wall - the standard piston just didn't have enough oil flow into the rebound ports to cover all applications. So rather than compromise (we wouldn't use it on our own bikes, so why should we offer it to you?!), we got our team in WPS to set about designing a replacement piston that would cover all applications and also take the shock to the next level! They ended up with this:
A hard anodised, CNC machined, aerospace grade aluminium piston (along with our own proprietary shims), using a design which allows maximum flow within the tight constraints of Rockshox' design. We had to work hard to get this developed and give the performance we wanted. But it paid off - taking a pinch of technology from some motorcycle technology, we've utilised triangulated shims to enable a larger flow of oil through the depth of piston able to fit on the standard shaft arrangement, to give much better performance than standard. The standard piston really struggles with rebound recovery on repetitive hits, but we've eliminated that with the use of our design.
The enlarged ports can be seen on the R/Hand piston in the image below.
Want one in Rockshox standard spec? Sorry, we're only interested in selling something we know will work for you and we can support with any setup issues you have. So, we're not offering the shock in standard spec.
What about warranty? If you get any issues, return the shock to us and we'll get it sorted for you - normal 2 year warranty on the shock and the same 2 years on our piston kit. Just make sure you send it to us for any warranty returns.
Free Mount Kits:
Mounting Hardware Supplied when purchased, (worth up to £35)
Not Supplied With Shock
- RC2T Damper, the most tuneable shock damper we’ve ever made, offers completely independent High Speed and Low Speed Compression adjustments, eliminating “cross-talk” so you can tune your shock to exactly how you want it to perform.
- The optional Adjustable Hydraulic Bottom Out offers a convenient dial with five different compression settings to customize the cushioning you experience in the last 20% of travel when facing potential bottom out.
- Redesigned rough-ready chassis is 21% stronger and primed to get rowdy.
- Increased bushing overlap maximizes small bump performance and grip.
- 20 clicks of Rebound adjustment offer wider range of tunability and accommodate more rider types.
- Separate and independent Open and Threshold pistons tuned exactly for your ride.
- External adjustments allow for no-fuss tuning on the fly.
- Fresh signature graphics package to flash on the podium or as you blaze past your buddies on the doubletrack.
- Red hot “BoXXer Red” Signature Coil colourway and Signature Colour matching decal options available.
- Maxima plush damping fluid reduces friction and silences damper noise.
- 902grms (230x65, with 350lb spring, standard/standard).
What Rockshox Say:
Performance to match the most demanding riders out there. The ground up, all-new Super Deluxe Ultimate DH Coil is a work of art with no feature spared. Equipped with an entirely new chassis, 100% independent High Speed and Low Speed Compression adjustment, increased bushing overlap for improved small bump performance, and adjustable Hydraulic Bottom Out resistance to tailor that bottomless feel. It’s the unmistakable feel of coil, evolved. A coil shock packed full of premium technology, designed to lock in lines and reach mach speed on the steeps.
Hooked on the unmistakable feel of coil? There’s a reason why it stands the test of time. Rugged, reliable, and ready to put down serious speed records—now tack on impressively adjustable. The podium-proven Super Deluxe Coil family introduces the next generation of coil shocks.
RC2T Damper, the most tuneable shock damper we’ve ever made, offers completely independent High Speed and Low Speed Compression adjustments, eliminating “cross-talk” so you can tune your shock to exactly how you want it to perform.
The optional Adjustable Hydraulic Bottom Out offers a convenient dial with five different compression settings to customize the cushioning you experience in the last 20% of travel when facing potential bottom out.
|Clean and Lubricate||Every Ride|
|Inspect for scratches to damper shaft, dents and other signs of wear||Every Ride|
|Check bushing and mounting bolt torque||Every Ride|
|Full Service||Every 200hrs of use / 12 months whichever comes first.|