Update as of 05/01/21
Due to the latest lockdown restrictions, we will now be closed to the public until restrictions are eased.
As we've done before, we will help with the cost of collections from you, so you can get your items to us, by offering half price DPD collections from your door for £7 (usually £14) and we'll offer free delivery on any servicing invoice over £200. Web orders are already free delivery when spending £60 or more, and that will continue as normal.
We will be fully operational and still able to service, tune and repair your suspension, as well as send out orders as usual.
We will be closed on Saturday's, as we're only open then for drop off and collections, but open to be contacted by phone and email Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
For anyone already booked in and planning to drop off in person, please get in touch to arrange a collection.
Hope you can all stay safe and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Update as of 01/12/20
From 02/12/20 (until further notice) we will be open to visitors from Tier 1 and Tier 2 areas, on an appointment only basis, for service drop offs/collections and collect in store orders.
For Tier 3 customers, if you were planning on dropping off or collecting from us, please get in touch to make other arrangements.
To find out what Tier you're in, please click here.
For those who are visiting, you must make an appointment before arriving, you must ware a face covering, unless you have medical reason not to, and we ask that if you're showing any symptoms, please do not attend.
We've installed a video intercom system to gain entry to the building and have fitted extensive screening in the reception area, along with a hands free hand sanitizing station. This will allow us to restrict access to the building to only 1 customer at a time and keep both you the customer and us safe from any contact.
And you'll be nice and warm inside, rather than waiting outside under an awning!
Please make sure any items you're dropping off are cleaned prior to arrival. It will delay your service and cost you more if we have to clean all the mud off before disinfecting.
We'd like to thank all of our customers that have been understanding and considerate to the way we've been operating inside the rules laid out to us by the Government. Unfortunately not everyone has chosen to understand that we are not classed as a bike shop and so have been under different levels of restriction to bike shops, which has been challenging at times. So a big thanks to those of you who have understood and been a pleasure to deal with.
Hopefully we can all enjoy Christmas soon and look forward to the New Year.
If you have any questions, please get in touch, we're more than happy to help.
Update as of 01/11/20
From 05/11/20 will will not be able to accept any visitors to the premises, until lockdown in England is lifted. We are classed as non-essential, so must close to the public.
However, this doesn't mean that we can't still service/tune your suspension or send out your orders, as we did during the first lockdown. So we will be working as normal, we just won't be able to accept any visitors.
How do you get your suspension to us then?
1. If you're able to arrange your own courier delivery of your item(s) then please do, making sure it will be with us in time for your booking.
2. We can arrange for DPD to collect from you. This is normally a flat rate of £14 for any number of items up to 15kg (that's cost to us too, we make nothing on collections or deliveries). We will be offering it at half price during lockdown to share the cost with you. As well as free delivery for service invoices totaling £200 or more.
For those of you that have already booked in for drop off in person, you have until 05/11/20 to do so, but please call to book an appointment to drop off. Anyone turning up unannounced will be turned away. We will be contacting all of you over the next few days, but if you've not heard from us, please do give a call or drop us an email, so we can make arrangements.
We will also be closed on Saturdays during Lockdown.
We hope you all stay safe and we look forward to welcoming you back the premises when lockdown is lifted.
Many thanks from all the team here at J-Tech.
Update as of 26/05/20
In line with the Governments latest update regarding non-essential shops, we will be able to accept visitors from the 15th June. So you can drop off/collect your items for service/tuning and collect orders from our premises. We will be operating on an appointment only basis, so please don't arrive before speaking to us.
- For anything booked in on a slot on or after 15th June, it can be dropped off/collected in person. Please call to arrange an appointment before arriving.
- For anything completed between now and the 15th June, you can collect on or after the 15th June, just let us know if you'd like to do this before we've completed the work booked.
- We will now be discontinuing our free collection offer, as it's now possible for you to drop off in person or safely send via your own means.
- DPD Drop Off option still isn't available. When DPD make this available again, we will too.
- Please make sure items that are dropped off are clean on arrival. We will refuse to accept dirty items.
- Collect in store option will be available on our website from 15th June. Please call to make an appointment for your collection.
- If you have already placed an order, or place an order between now and the 15th June and would like to collect on or after the 15th June, please let us know and we'll amend your order and refund any delivery charges paid. Again, please make an appointment for your collection before arriving.
In both cases, please make an appointment before visiting and make sure everything is paid for before arriving.
- On arrival, please place your items by the door (if dropping off), then ring the door bell, step back behind the line, away from the door, and wait for a member of staff to come to the door.
- If dropping off - we will then check the items quickly before confirming you can leave.
- If collecting - We will place your items/order by the door, thank you for your business and close the door.
- You can then step forward and collect your items/order. Please do not cross the line until we have closed the door.
All items/orders will be cleaned and disinfected before handing over to you and we're carrying out all precautions to ensure everything that comes in and out is cleaned and disinfected, for both our safety and yours.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and we look forward to seeing you soon. Many thanks from all the team here at J-Tech Suspension.
Update as of 10/05/20
There will be no changes to our operations, following the Prime Minister's speech this evening.
- We're taking calls during opening hours of 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
- We're replying to emails, be patient though - we've been getting 3 times the normal volume over the last 6 weeks!
- We're sending out website orders as quickly as possible.
- We're working on items for service/tuning, with free DPD collections* to get your items to us, you just pay the delivery back to you.
- We're disinfecting all goods in and out of the premises and staff are following all guidelines to make sure everyone's safe.
- We are not accepting any visitors. Please see reasons below.
We'd just like to stress to our customers that we are not a bike shop and so, we are classed as a 'non-essential business'. This means that we cannot accept visitors to our premises, but we can operate as an 'online retailer', as we have been for the last 6 weeks. We've been offering free DPD collections*, at a cost of £14 per collection to us, to help support you and keep servicing/tuning work flowing through the workshop. We will carry on doing exactly that until the Government lift the restrictions on non-essential businesses (shops), which is planned for June 1st, progress pending.
We keep getting asked if you can drop items/bikes off and/or collect orders, from both locals and from further afield. Sorry, but we cannot accept visitors, not only for the reasons above, but also to protect ourselves, our families and the local community. We are also asked about click and drop options. As we stand our DPD collections* offer means that you don't even need to leave your home and for deliveries out, it's next working day delivery, so there is very little time to get your items returned to you
So please, be understanding of the situation and respect our policy to keep everyone safe.
Thanks to all our great customers that have kept us super busy over the last 6 weeks and have been patient and understanding with us. We really appreciate your custom.
Stay safe, and thanks for reading.
*DPD collections are for UK mainland only.
Update as of 09/04/20
We're still operating as per the details below. Unfortunately we've had a few people ignoring what we ask and have either tried to pressure us into allowing them to drop off/collect in person, or just turned up at our premises. Please be sensible about the current situation - we are doing all we can to ensure the safety of both ourselves and you, our customers. We all have a responsibility to follow guidelines for essential travel, to prevent the spread of this disease. Lets work together to get through this and please take advantage of our free DPD collection service. All you have to do is package your items and we'll do the rest.
Thanks for reading, we wish you a happy Easter and hope you stay safe.
Update as of 24/03/20
In line with the latest restrictions put in place by the Government, we are still operating as a business, just not open to the public.
This means we cannot accept any visitors. However, we can still work on your suspension and send out your orders.
Any existing workshop bookings that weren't booked with a courier collection - we'll be in contact with you on 24/03/20 to arrange a free DPD collection from your home address (UK mainland only). Any that were to be collected in person will now have to be sent out via DPD, we'll be in contact to arrange.
If you want to get your suspension serviced and/or tuned ready for when you can ride again, we'll be offering free DPD collections from your home address (normally £14). So please take advantage of this offer while you're not using your bike.
We will be operating with only essential staff and implementing all precautions to ensure everything enters and exits our premises as clean as it can be.
If you wish to get in touch, we're available between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday to answer your calls and reply to emails. We will be closed on Saturday mornings until further notice.
We thank you for your business and hope you all stay safe and healthy in these extraordinary times.